I'm beginning to feel the weight of this much sought-after and prestigious acronym PSA. But in its most daunting moments, the President Scout Award seems more like a warning: "Please Step Aside".
Step aside from jubilation and overwhelming elation that is. Yesterday's (thankfully) short and succinct briefing summed the stepping stone of my PSA journey up for me: Tumultuous. No less, and hopefully no more than it already threatens to give. The momentous decision of mine back then to enroll myself for this uphill battle to glory is starting to seem hasty but I know I'm still going to persevere. I didn't just sign up for such a task with the intention to fail. For once in life, I need to strive past mediocrity.
But it had also dawned on me that I'm not exactly the best explorer despite being a scout for the past 4 years and that has brought me to much shame. Somehow, a miracle or just sheer determination needs to reinstate the lost skills in me due to the time lost back in the days of Sec 2 and 3 when I was just caught up in academic pedagogy. I'm just afraid that when the time comes for me to rise up to the occasion, I won't.. no I can't..
But the end of Year 4 or what seems to be the end of the world for many has opened up a new trekking path for me to undertake. A more daring and bold route to embark on. For starters, I have just completed my Matriculation form and it's finalized: I'm going to take BCME albeit it suggests that I'm going to be thrown into a really, really foreign land next year. As of now, I know not of more than a handful of individuals travelling alongside with me.
But life springs challenges and that's the fun of it. If PSA is about moving aside, it won't be easy.
But neither will trying to deviate my course be any much simpler.
Onwards