1) I must and I will pick up playing the guitar. I will persevere and achieve at least a decent grade 3 for myself. Ever since I abandoned the piano at grade 5 many years back, I have lost touch with the musical industry and there's this inner passion now reaching out again and somehow it says "guitar".
2) Gym! Yes and for real and mostly it's to complete NYAA Gold (my top priority for 2011) but I hope that Gabriel will be able to teach me a few tricks about keeping fit or even getting fitter. Hopefully it'll develop into a routine over time and a healthy habit in preparation for army.
3) Higher determination and consistency in Higher Chinese. This is the big year with the major one-shot one-off exam. It's either a do or die, win or cry situation and I gotta strike it huge at this one chance. Too long my Chinese has stagnated but hopefully, I'll be able to pull my socks together and start working harder. For one, I hope to take down all those words I am unfamiliar with and revise them throughout the year. Reading compositions, practicing comprehensions, the thought is already killing me but just one more yeeeaaarr (Y)
4) ASS-->FCSS-->VSS! I'm not going to waste my 4 years of scouting journey with nothing to take away. I am already this close to clearing my ASS (just one stupid backsplice), a few obstacles behind FCSS (more important the hike) and a tad too distant from the VSS but none too difficult to obtain. Perhaps if my attitude retains a high note, I'd push for CCA or PSA.
5) Leadership. No more securing treasury funds for me. It's time to move on to bigger things. I need to get a grip on myself. Any opportunities that passes by, I'm gonna jump on it and bleed it dry.
6) Church commitments. With all the above activities staging simultaneously, there's hardly any room left to breathe in and that's why God comes in. Perhaps I often lose spirits in energy-consuming recreations or mind-provoking assignments but God never gives in to my problems and I need to remember his omnipresent assistance.
7) Fit into 4J'11. I'm not going to change them and neither am I going to change myself. No one needs to burn his notes or books away nor am I going to sacrifice my dignity to be a muggertoad. I am going to try to find a link bridge, a common space I belong in the class. I wasn't thrown in there for nothing, not to suffer while the others strive for above perfection. I was there for a reason but it may not be a tangible or obvious one. It's something subconscious and halfway there. Regardless, I'm gonna find a way round those intellects.
Someway or another, the above (not exhaustive) list is going to be cleared ASAP.
And btw, RAFFLESIANS ARE NOT SELFISH. IT'S JUST THE PSEUDO-RAFFLESIANS a.k.a. muggers to the bone