Spare me the criticism for using such a cliched phrase but it simply encapsulates my sentiments now. It is over and surprisingly, I feel empty. I am thrown back into the maze of reality, left to fend for my own rights, far away from the closest people I learned to love. I am seated within the comfort zone but I long to escape into the unknowns, because I do know that they are waiting to celebrate any occasion with me, to stay up till the wee hours watching movies that blow your mind apart, playing a friendly game of pool and table tennis, scrambling all over the boarding complex as though an explorer has chance upon rare treasure, and to be safely lying in bed trying to sleep but the memories just keep flooding in...
And these moments are gradually seeping into the tears that leak, because it has come to a closure, a rather abrupt and unexpectedly solemn conclusion. It seemed like it was merely yesterday when I lugged my heavy baggage into that dusty room, to discover the remains of the previous owner decorating the sparse bedroom and I felt like running home. But now the feeling is contrary, I miss boarding already, and my life just feels so empty now.
I need to find the plugs that can block these holes in my life, the emotional ecstasy my best friends bring me. I will never forget boarding, and I hope my new friends will never forget me.
Sayonara, my lovely hostel
With tears that can never be replaced, with emotions that can never be displaced...